Huawei’s HarmonyOS update is currently in two stages – beta and stable. These updates are currently hitting the China market. On the list the Huawei MatePad Pro 12.6 version is getting HarmonyOS 188.8.131.52 system update with build number 184.108.40.206 (C00E160R1P17), size is 604MB.
This update optimizes the rounded corner animation effect when the application starts, and it is advised you to update it. Check the changelog.
Huawei MatePad Pro 12.6-inch HarmonyOS 220.127.116.11 Changelog:
Optimize the rounded corner animation effect when the application starts.
Adjust the forced restart mode to improve the experience of preventing accidental touch. Press the volume down button and the power button at the same time for more than ten seconds to enter the forced restart mode.
The update log also mentions some precautions, such as this update will not delete the user’s data, but it is still recommended to back up the data before the update; the software update package will be automatically deleted before the update.
Huawei MatePad Pro 12.6 Specifications:
- Dimensions: Height 184.7 mm x Width 286.5 mm x Thickness 6.7 mm
- Size: 12.6 inches
- Resolution: 2560 x 1600 ***, 240PPI
- Color: 16.7 million colors, DCI-P3 wide color gamut
- Processor: Kirin 9000 series
- CPU: Eight cores, 1 x Cortex-A77@3.13 GHz + 3 x Cortex-A77@2.54 GHz + 4 x Cortex-A55@2.05 GHz
- GPU:5G version model: 24-core Mali-G78 & WLAN version model: 22-core Mali-G78
- OS: HarmonyOS 2
- RAM: 128/256 GB
- Rear Camera: 13 MP high-definition camera (f/1.8 aperture, support auto focus) + 8-MP wide-angle camera (f/2.4 aperture, fixed focal length) + 3D deep camera
- Front: 8 MP, f/2.0 aperture, fixed focal length
- Battery: 10050 mAh
Huawei has previously announced that “100” of devices such as Huawei mobile phones and tablets will successively launch HarmonyOS 2 upgrades. Including HUAWEI Mate 40 series, Mate 30 series, P40 series, Mate X2, Nova 8 series, MatePad Pro series, and other devices.