At the end of March, Huawei started the third build of the HarmonyOS mobile developer beta. The build adds over 1000 APIs to the system, some other optimizations as well as changes to the software system to provide better support to the developers.
As per the changelog, this new beta builds also brings a feature called “Super Terminal” (Translated), the Super Terminal feature may be available in the Setting Menu.
These Huawei Devices are a part of new Super Terminal feature:
And other smart devices from the Huawei device ecosystem are equipped with Hongmeng OS to provide a cross-device user experience without sacrificing anything or using a third-party app.
HUAWEI HARMONYOS BETA 3.0 UPDATE CHANGELOG:
1. Added more than 1,000 HarmonyOS APIs.
2. Added FA free installation feature, FA services that support free installation properties can be used without installation.
3. Added the feature of integrated and distributed circulation, which can transfer the content on mobile phones and tablets to large screens, watches and other devices through distributed capabilities.
4. Added efficient memory management mechanism.
5. New animation platform development curve.
6. Add JAVA control to adjust font/weight interface.
7. Added support for connection management of watch, tablet and other device types based on the proxy Internet access of other devices.
8. Added distributed networking API.
9. Newly added drive failure diagnosis and recovery option.
Last December, Huawei held a beta event for HarmonyOS 2.0 mobile phone developers and the company has started a public beta rollout. Recently, the tablet users also received the Beta 2 version of the Hongmeng system developer preview which brought these changes. The first batch of Hongmeng (Harmony) OS 2.0 update includes Mate X2, Mate 40 series, and P40 series.