More than 300 open source components added this time involve 8 categories (Tools, networks, file data, UI, frameworks, animation graphics, audio, video and games). The specific categories are shown in the following table:
Developers can download the source code directly through the OpenHarmony open source address or obtain related components from the HarmonyOS application package management platform.
In 2019, Huawei announced that HarmonyOS was open-sourced. The Open Atom Open Source Foundation accepted Huawei’s donated code for the basic capabilities of the smart terminal operating system in September 2020, and then open-sourced it and named it the open-source project according to the naming rules. OpenAtom OpenHarmony (referred to as “OpenHarmony”).
In December 2020, seven units including PATEO, HUAWEI, JD.com, Runhe, Yikatong, Software Institute of Chinese Academy of Sciences, and Chinasoft International (in alphabetical order) established OpenHarmony under the organization of the Open Atom Open Source Foundation.
- July 2021 EMUI and HarmonyOS updates
- Huawei HarmonyOS test starts for P Smart S [CN]
- Huawei first mini LED smart screen V 75 Super equipped with HarmonyOS 2 will launch on July 29
- Huawei Smart Screen V Series HarmonyOS 2.0 Beta version 18.104.22.1688 optimizes system performance
- Huawei MatePad 11 new HarmonyOS version closed beta recruitment opened [CN]