Huawei officially launched the HarmonyOS at the 2019 Developer Conference, and firstly installed it on the smart screens. During the same event, the company has announced that in the second half of 2021 many Huawei smartphones will get HarmonyOS 2.0.
Now, Weibo tipster has shared some new information regarding the HarmonyOS in Honor devices. The tipster said that devices such as Honor 30 series, V30 series, Honor 20 series (to be confirmed), Honor V20 series, and other Kirin 810, 820 devices can upgrade with HarmonyOS.
Also, Honor phones powered by Kirin 810 and 820 chipset are also under testing to receive and run HarmonyOS software update. A Weibo tipster Changan Digital King once said that Huawei or Honor models equipped with HiSilicon Kirin 710 chips or higher have the opportunity to upgrade the Huawei Hongmeng Harmony OS system. It is expected to include Huawei Kirin 980, Kirin 810, Kirin 990, Kirin 990 5G, Kirin 820, Kirin 985, Kirin 990E, Kirin 820E, Kirin 9000, Kirin 9000E, and other chip models.
Wang Chenglu, president of Huawei’s consumer business software department and director of AI and smart full-scenario business department, once said that Huawei mobile phones will upgrade the Hongmeng system (consumer end) from the beginning of June, so stay tuned.
- Video: HarmonyOS 2.0 vs iOS 14
- Huawei HarmonyOS: Apps are consuming less power and memory as compared to EMUI 11
- Huawei HarmonyOS: Youku video streaming and playback can be free of ads
- Video: EMUI 11 vs HarmonyOS 2.0 Beta 3
- Huawei HarmonyOS 2.0 boot interface removed Powered By Android
- Video: HarmonyOS 2.0 vs EMUI 11