Huawei announced EMUI 11 during its Developer Conference on September 9, 2020. The latest Emotion UI brings some visual changes to the table, new animations, features, and under the hood optimizations. Huawei launched EMUI 11 alongside HarmonyOS 2.0, the new OS is said to be made available for smartphones at some point in 2021.
EMUI 11 is based on Android 10 (Based upon AOSP builds of Android). On the latest version of EMUI, there is a Multi-screen collaboration 3.0 that allows you to manage up to three Android apps from your PC.
The EMUI 11 comes with an upgraded Always-on Display options, new Gallery interface, better multi-window support, and with better Huawei Share options (Laptops/Wearable/Devices). Below we mentioned the eligible devices but before that let’s take a quick look at the key features of the latest Emotion UI.
EMUI 11 Features:
- EMUI 11 changes the user experience and brings vivid, dynamic visual elements for the Always On Display (AOD). AOD now allows you to customize your screen and showcase your personal style with text and images even when the screen is off.
- Based on human factors research, EMUI 11 introduces a mirror from the movie world into the motion design, which can not only bring a more immersive visual experience but also make your browsing and searching more efficient.
- The new floating window, without interrupting the current content, quickly view instant messages. It also supports free adjustment of window size, the size is as you like; open multiple task windows, you can switch in the floating ball .
- Animations on EMUI 11 are now smoother, more unified.
- Quick reply without interference: Instant messages are presented in the form of floating windows, you can quickly view and reply without interrupting the current content.
- Window size is now adjustable: Adjust the size freely, without blocking the main content, so you can watch the video while replying to the message.
- The Celia Voice Assistant is available in 11 countries and 7 languages, 2 of which are new launches: Italy and German.
Huawei EMUI 11/Magic UI 4.0 Latest News:
- Second batch of EMUI 11 beta update now live for the Honor 30 series and Huawei Nova series [September 14, 2020]
- Eligible EMUI 11 and Magic UI 4.0 devices list [September 12, 2020]
- EMUI 11 beta begins for Huawei P40 series, Mate 30 series and MatePad Pro series [September 09, 2020]
- Honor 30 series and V30 series becomes the first device to get Magic UI 4.0 beta update [September 09, 2020]
EMUI 11/Magic UI 4.0 Beta Eligible Devices (First batch/phase):
- Huawei P40
- Huawei P40 Pro
- Huawei P40 Pro+
- Huawei Mate 30 (4G)
- Huawei Mate 30 (5G)
- Huawei Mate 30 Pro (4G)
- Huawei Mate 30 Pro (5G)
- Huawei Mate 30 RS Porsche Design
- Huawei MatePad Pro
- Huawei MatePad Pro 5G
- Honor 30
- Honor 30 Pro
- Honor 30 Pro+
- Honor V30
- Honor V30 Pro
More devices will be added in the next batch/phase.
Also Check: Eligible EMUI 11 and Magic UI 4.0 devices list